Fender Hot Rod Deluxe IV 40-watt 1×12″ Tube Combo Amp
One of Fender’s Most Popular Tube Combo Amps
Fender took feedback from guitar players to the drawing board to create the Hot Rod Deluxe IV tube combo amplifier. Its modernized preamp circuitry delivers greater note definition and articulation when overdriven. And you’ll find the biult in spring reverb to sound smoother and sweeter than previous editions, even at extreme settings. The Hot Rod Deluxe IV has also been reinvigorated cosmetically , including ivory-colored knobs over a black control panel which makes it easy to see your settings on a dark stage. And with a Celestion A-type speaker driven by a pair of 6L6 power tubes, the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe IV barks loud and proud with classic Fender tone.
Big tone from a 12″ Celestion A-type speaker
With its 12″ Celestion speaker driven by 40 watts of power, you’ll have no issue being heard over your drummer with the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe IV combo. Fender selected this speaker for its “smooth highs, laid-back midrange and full, round lows.” It gives a solid sonic foundation whether you sculpt your tone with pedals or simply plug straight in.
Refined spring reverb
Fender spring reverb in any incarnation is great — it’s especially sweet in the Hot Rod Deluxe IV. It has been tweaked to provide smoother, richer tone, even at its maximum setting. If you like lots of reverb, but prefer not to drown in it, you’ll dig the Hot Rod Deluxe IV
Articulate tone with fast response
With three 12AX7 preamp tubes and a pair of 6L6 power tubes, the Hot Rod Deluxe IV is biult to deliver everything from shiny cleans to intense distortion. Its solid-state rectifier keeps its response fast and tight, and the re-engineered preamp section maintains articulation and note definition at higher gain settings. And with your choice of low- and high-level inputs, the Hot Rod Deluxe IV is an extremely flexible amplifier for virtually any guitar.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe IV Tube Combo Amplifier Features at a Glance
- Refined version of the classic Hot Rod platform
- 1 x 12″ Celestion A-type speaker offers “smooth highs, laid-back midrange and full, round lows”
- 3 x 12AX7 preamp tubes and 2 x 6L6 power tubes, capable of everything from sparkling cleans to high-gain distortion
- 3 channels (Normal, Drive and More Drive)
- Solid-state rectifier for fast, touch-sensitive response
- Redesigned preamp section for enhanced articulation and definition at higher gain settings
- Updated spring reverb sounds smoother and richer, even at higher settings
- Refined cosmetics include ivory-colored knobs over a black control panel for greater low-light visibility
- Solid pine cabinet helps reduce overall weight
- Includes 2-button footswitch and dust cover