Novation ZeRO SL MkII
Second Generation of the Innovative SL Series!
Novation’s ZeRO SL MkII is a refashioned version of the much loved ReMOTE ZeRO SL keyless controller. Like the other controllers in the ReMOTE series, the ZeRO SL MkII automaps to most of the popular DAW software platforms. Great for use in the studio or onstage, this control surface uses a 144-character display to let you keep an eye on the status of your controls. Plus — just like the previous generation, the innovative Automap is fully onboard, greatly simplifying the setup. Take control of your DAW and plug-ins with the ZeRO SL MkII.
Onstage or in the studio
Use the ZeRO SL Mk II onstage or in the studio for hands-on control. It enables the modern DAW user with every dimension of hardware control, enabling a get stuck in approach to navigating software, mixing and controlling plug-ins. It represents phenomenal value as a controller, integrating a DAW control surface with the most intuitive plug-in mapping capabilities available — presided over by Automap 3 Pro, one of the most advanced control software on the market.
Designed for flexibility
The ZeRO SL Mk II is both tough and built for incredible flexibility. It can be mounted in a 19″ rack, or used as a desk-top controller, or angled for performance using legs that are included with the unit. The quality is not just seem in their robustness, but more importantly in the way the ZeRO SL Mk II has been designed with every detail designed to maximize workflow. The ZeRO SL Mk II’s visually feeds back all controller information to the user with back lit buttons and encoder LED rings, making it absolutely ideal for live performances where parameters need to be known instantly.
Sets up in seconds
The juice behind the ZeRO SL MkII’s unique ability to map controllers at the touch of a button is contained within the included Automap software. Automap 3 Pro enables users to map controllers with lightning speed and ease — no more trudging through MIDI continuous controller numbers, as the Automap server makes is a pice of cake. Automap’s GUI gives the user a visual interface of all the current mappings on screen, as well as the option to save and manage mappings across different projects. There is also an option to only bring up the GUI when a controller on the ZeRO has been touched!
Novation ZeRO SL MkII USB Controller Features at a Glance
- 8 Encoders (Infinite Rotation) with touch-sensitivity and 11 segment Led rings
- 8 Pots (270 Rotation) with touch-sensitivity
- 8 60mm Sliders with touch-sensitivity
- 32 Buttons with integrated LEDs (37 in MIDI mode)
- 8 soft feel Trigger pads
- Touch sensitive Speed Dial (as on Nocturn)
- General Automap Operation Buttons (Learn, View, Browser Groups etc.)
- Octave up/down buttons with LED indicator
- USB bus powered or optional 9V power supply
- Data Port: 1 x USB (Win XP/Vista and Mac OSX – Not Class Compliant
- MIDI: MIDI One: IN, OUT and Thru, MIDI Two: OUT
- Sustain Pedal: 1 x 1/4 Jack Input
- Expression pedal: 1 x 1/4 Jack Input
- Minimum Computer spec: Mac: G4/1GHz, both with 256MB RAM; PC: Pentium 3/1GHz/256MB RAM (machines running Vista will require a higher spec)