Taylor 414ce Grand Auditorium – Ovangkol Back and Sides
Superb Tonewoods – Top Quiality Electronics!
The acoustic/electric Grand Auditorium 414ce responds well to an array of playing styles thanks to Taylor’s proprietary body shape and the expansive tonal palette of ovangkol and spruce. Expect a blend of power and tonal definition, especially in the midrange, so whether you like to strum, flatpick or play fingerstyle, the 414ce makes a great playing partner.
Contemporary aesthetic strokes include white binding, Italian acrylic dot fretboard inlays, a three-ring rosette, and a full-gloss body. The guitar comes equipped with Taylor’s Expression System® 2 acoustic electronics along with a Venetian cutaway, and ships in a Taylor deluxe hardshell case.
Taylor’s signature shape embodies the ultimate all-purpose acoustic.
The soundboard choice for most guitars, Sitka spruce produces a broad dynamic range and accommodates a versatile range of playing styles.
Although not as well-known as its Indian rosewood cousin, ovangkol shares many of the same properties, making it a versatile, great-sounding tonewood.
Expression System® 2
The Expression System® 2 captures more of a guitar’s dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
The Venetian cutaway is known for its soft, round lines. The sloping peak of the cutaway will vary depending on the shape of the guitar.
Taylor 414ce Grand Auditorium and Key Features at a Glance
- Choice tonewoods – Sitka spruce meets Ovangkol
- Grand Auditorium body style, for exceptional treble zing
- Taylor’s Expression System 2 delivers incredibly natural sound with full dynamics
- An acoustic-electric guitar with a bold yet smooth voice
- Grand Auditorium body style gives you dreadnought-like projection with a more expressive upper register
- Sitka spruce provides a bright and balanced tone
- Ovangkol back and sides enhance richness and projection
- All-gloss finish on the top, back, and sides
- Taylor ES2 electronics give you natural, dynamic plugged-in tone